Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Voice search not working (different remote model paired)?

Jump to solution

I just bought mine a few hours ago and the voice control isn’t working either. Same issue. And I live in the U.S

Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue in the U.S...Voice command button takes me to Streaming Channels and does not work. I have tried both in English and Spanish. Restarting it and unplugging the stick and re-pairing the remote has not worked.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as well. I just bought a brand new roku stick +.  I am in the United States. Everything else works on it except the voice command. I bought a new roku stick specifically to get the voice command!

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please try restarting your device/power cycling to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply Danny. I have tried that. Unplugged from wall and tv, took out batteries, repaired remote to tv, and it’s still not doing voice command, instead it takes me to the streaming category like others are mentioning. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I fixed my problem! I had purchased multiple units for the home. I fixed it by taking the controller that came with one unit and pairing it to another one. An odd fix considering re-pairing the remote and rebooting the unit earlier hadn't worked. Switching the remotes did!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I unplugged and reset the remote and now the voice commands work!

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same exact issue.  Also bought specifically because voice commands are so useful that I used at another location. Just bought this today -- voice commands not working even after resetting, etc etc etc

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MiraCat 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku device model are you trying to use Voice commands with?

For more information about Voice search, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: What do I need to use voice commands with my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have reset the roku and reset the remote, the software says it’s up to date at 9.4.0, and I still can’t get the voice control button to work. The power button, the volume buttons, and everything else works. It’s just that when I press and hold the voice control button, it takes me to the search section and nothing pulls up. I just bought the remote and it paired with my Roku Streaming Stick model 3500X and I also live in the U.S.