Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donromero
Level 7

Voice search not working (different remote model paired)?

I just got a roku premiere+ that comes with enhanced remote (based on the pairing button and volume controls on the side).  The remote works fine except for voice search.  When I press and hold the button for mic, say a command, it does nothing.  It just returns to home and highlighting "Streaming channels".

Is this a region thing, cause i've had enough of that region limitations from a lot of devices.  Also, i noticed that in the roku settings, the model of the paired remote is RC128, but looking physically at the remote battery compartment, the model is RC-AL2.  

Can anyone help me on this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Voice search not working (different remote model paired)?

Remote model in the battery compartment never matches the code in the menu. Try re-pairing the remote to the roku and see if the voice search starts then. It could be controlling the roku by IR, in that case the voice search wouldn't work.

0 Kudos