Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLG1
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Hi Santy,

What should I do now ? None of the troubleshooting tips have worked.

MLG1

0 Kudos
RMW
Reel Rookie

S02A20CYWEYO

0 Kudos
RMW
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

Thank you

I hope this is what you're asking for

S02A20CYWEYO

My original AA powered remote is working fine. It is the rechargeable that has failed, to be clear.

0 Kudos
mutterminder
Reel Rookie

I started this thread 10 months ago,  and it seems that multiple people are still having the same problem.  Clearly there is some sort of manufacturing quality issue that has not yet been addressed.  I would like to have a working Voice Remote Pro, but I'm afraid that if I get a replacement, I'll just get another unit that has the same problem.  What is Roku doing to address this issue? Has someone gone back to manufacturing to do a root cause analysis?  Is it even possible to get a good Voice Remote Pro?

By its' very nature this is the sort of place where one hears about nothing but problems.  However, if someone out there either has a Voice Remote Pro that charges correctly, or knows of someone who does, I would like to hear from them.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@RMW

I apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vee91
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuKariza-D ,

My voice remote pro is doing the same thing! Charged it all night, did all the troubleshooting and it still won’t hold a charge. I do not know the serial number but the model number is RC538! Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Vee91

Thanks for reaching out.

For us to assist you further, please provide the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Voice Remote Pro. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Vee91  Did you buy this voice remote pro separate or was it included with your Roku device? Did you try a new charging block & cable?

0 Kudos
Vee91
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

Hi Kariza, the only number I can find that might be what you’re asking for underneath the remote is the sku #. That number is 3226000888. I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Vee91
Reel Rookie

@Streamer317 

no I bought this remote separate when it came out for the rechargeable feature. I am using a roku streambar as my device but i am not using the remote that came with it. I also disconnected that remote a long time ago. And yes I have used a different cable and used the one that the remote came with as well plus I’ve used a number of different power bricks.

0 Kudos