Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirecat

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

i have the same issue as everyone else. the remote will work when plugged in but not when unplugged. battery indicator on the device shows remote has 0% battery while plugged in. doesnt matter how long it is charged it wont work. 

serial number for my Roku device is 1GH35M088414

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mirecat

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dwright48313
Reel Rookie

I must have received one of these defective remotes too because mine stopped charging today. I had it plugged in for over 10 hours and it still shows my battery level as 0%. I have to keep it plugged in to use it so I went ahead and tried all of the troubleshooting tips and none of them worked. I am going to need a replacement remote as well.

My name is Dawn Wright and the serial number of my Roku device associated with my rechargeable remote is YN00RV812424.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dwright48313

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
teejolley
Reel Rookie

I’m not the person who you replied to however I am having a major issue with my Roku Voice Pro as well. Yes it shows in Settings -> Remotes. It also shows that my battery level is 0%!!

I’ve tried so many USB cords it’s ridiculous! The green light shows up and it looks like my remote is charging but the first time I went to charge it when the level was to 47% the green light was flashing and I went to bed. When I got up the next day, I went to get my remote, the green light was solid but when I powered up my Roku 4K+ I went and checked to see what the battery level said and to my surprise it hadn’t charged one bit. Again, I tried every USB cord I owned which is more than one person should own. I got nothing. I ordered my Voice Remote Pro through my player for $29.99, now when I go to the option that searches my purchases it says I have nothing. Not only won’t my $30+ Remote charge making it unusable, but now its showing no orders on the player’s purchase list. What do I do? Am I just out of $30+? I’m on SSI so my income is very limited so it’s not like I have the money to just throw away. Someone please HELP ME!

0 Kudos
teejolley
Reel Rookie

Can I possibly find the serial number for my player under system? I know when I’ve looked in the info section it has a lot of information about my Roku Player. I’m also a little confused about why you need the Serial Number for my Roku Player when this has nothing to do with the remote not charging?

I’m not sure if you needed to know that mine is a Voice Pro.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@teejolley

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you making sure to check the battery level on the Voice Remote Pro and not another paired remote to your Roku Ultra? Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the remote information on your Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MLG1
Reel Rookie

I also have this same problem ! It's only been recharged about 3-4 times. Then stopped recharging. I've tried the 15sec. repairing hack but nothing works. Can you help or replace ? Thanks

Ultra SN# yjoo8y148620

0 Kudos
Kittie

@RokuDanny-R 

Same problem. Remote is paired to Roku TV and only works when connected to a cord.

Original packaged cord doesn’t work nor does any other usb cord I try to charge it with. The charging indicator shows up on screen and despite leaving it to charge several hours and even overnight, the remote still shows an empty battery icon and even sometimes 0% charged.

I tried the 15 second pairing button suggestion and it didn’t work.

I’d like a replacement remote. Please assist.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kittie

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos