Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

@1211

Thanks for the post.

How are you charging the remote? When you are charging the battery, what are you seeing on screen? How long are you charging the battery? How can you tell that the remote is not charging?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gfdouglas
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem, have tried the 15sec button press without any improvement. Please help. How do I get in touch with support when there is no serial number to enter??

Ken456
Reel Rookie

I searched this forum for a Roku representative and sent them a direct message. The should contact you to verify your address so they can send you a free replacement. They never asked me for a serial number. I think that they recognized that my rechargeable remote was activated on my Roku. Hope this helps.

dadeyemi
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same exact problem! I’ve tried to reset the remote with no luck and even tried letting it charge for an entire day, but now it doesn’t seem to work at all. Who can I speak to about getting a replacement?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gfdouglas @Ken456 @dadeyemi

Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, when you state that the Voice Remote Pro isn't charging, is this because of the indicator shown on screen, or are you physically unable to use the remote because there is no charge?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gfdouglas
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R the remote is paired with my Roku TV and will function but the battery now indicates a 0% charge per onscreen notification.  When plugging it into a micro USB adapter it does not charge. There is no notification onscreen  and when leaving the remote on the charger for multiple hours, the remote does not charge. I've tried multiple micro USB adapter cables and multiple USB wall bricks.

tstick65
Reel Rookie

i am having the same problem. I have tried pairing several times finally I let the remote discharge then tried a full charge on it two days ago I am still waiting for it to charge. I have had it since May.

dadeyemi
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R The screen used to indicate that the battery was at 0% while the remote was charging, and I was still able to use it. But now, I’m not getting any notifications and the remote physically does not work at all.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gfdouglas @dadeyemi @tstick65

Thanks for the post.

For further clarification, did you have another remote paired to the Roku TV prior to the Voice Remote Pro? We would recommend checking Settings > Remote to make sure that there isn't another remote paired and that the battery indicators are displaying correctly. The most common mistake we see is that users are seeing the battery indicator of a previously paired remote, and not of the actual Voice Remote Pro. If this is the case, we would recommend make sure to unpair all no longer used remotes to your device, aside from the Voice Remote Pro. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dadeyemi
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R Nope, no other remotes are paired.