Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mutterminder
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro won't charge

I ordered a new voice remote pro and have had it a month or less.  The battery started showing up low a few days ago so I put it on a charger over night. The green light was blinking slowly, so it seemed to be charging but the next day the light was still blinking slowly and the Roku reported the battery was at 0% charge.  Now it is completely dead, though the green light still blinks slowly when I plug in the charger and the remote works as long as it is plugged in.

Tags (1)
200 REPLIES 200
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

The remote comes with usb cable only, you have to supply the usb ac adapter, you might have chosen one that isn't up to snuff or broken. Try another? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mutterminder
Reel Rookie

The manual just says any standard USB adaptor.  I've tried no less than 3 phone chargers of 2 Amps or more, and as previously stated, the light flashes slowly, but no charging seems to occur the battery is still dead after 3 hours or 15 hours. Something clearly is not right.

mutterminder
Reel Rookie

I would like a refund, repair, or replacement because right now, the remote is useless to me.  It's rather disappointing, as I rather liked the remote until the battery died. Honestly, I've never had any problems with any of my Roku devices or remotes until now.  (I've purchased at least 5 different Rokus over the years.)

Thanks

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @mutterminder

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Could you try to press and hold the pairing button on your remote for 15 seconds then see if the remote charges?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

I’m having the same problem.  I’m so frustrated that I spent money on it. Anyone fingers out are solution. Keep trying to charge and it nothing happens. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Oneredoneblonde

Have you tried the suggestion provided by @RokuKariza-D above? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

All the best,
Irene

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ken456
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. I used the supplied cable and it's still not charging. I held the pairing button for 15 seconds and still nothing. I let it charge for two days and it's still not working. O have a copy of my online purchase but I can't find the serial number on the remote. Should I just try to contact Roku for a replacement? Thanks for your time and assistance.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Ken456

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Remote battery won't charge.  I held the power button down for 15 seconds. Pairing display on screen. It shows a charging icon. Battery still not charging.