Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianre76
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro two tvs in house

In my house I have two tvs with voice remotes when o try to use the voice commands it will do it on both tvs , is there anyway I can specify which tv I want to run commands on which voice remotes 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro two tvs in house

For non-roku tv's they only control the tv by IR. So, if both of your tv's respond to the same IR commands, there's nothing a roku remote can do to prevent this, be glad it controls it at all. When controlling Roku tv's, then will only control one tv at a time via wifi signal. For tv to be controlled by Wifi signals it has to have circuitry built-in, a non-Roku tv wouldn't have this. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brianre76
Reel Rookie

I am using the Roku voice remote with a Roku tv one in my bedroom and one in my living room. If I say hey Roku power on both tvs will turn on .  That’s the issue I have 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If both remotes are within earshot then I don't think there's anything you can do.  You could disable the hands-free feature on one remote with the switch on the side.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

The voice remote pro has a switch on the side of the remote to disable the voice pickup. The voice remote pro has the ability to hear your voice without having to actually press the microphone button on the remote. Similar to saying “Alexa” out loud. Your Voice Remote Pro can hear your commands from up to 12 feet away. Turn off the button on the side of your remote to avoid your other remote from hearing you. See the picture. The behavior you are describing is entirely normal cause “voices carry” Disable the hands freeDisable the hands free

0 Kudos