Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdirondackDude
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro refuses to pair with roku tv

I've tried to pair this remote to 2 different Roku TVs and nothing. I hold down the pairing button for 5 seconds and nothing.  I went to settings on the roku tv and tried again.  Nothing.  I reset the tv and tried again. Nothing.  This remote is a piece of garbage.  I'm so mad that I bought this thing.  It only paired with a roku express but I upgraded to roku tv and now the thing is less than useless.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro refuses to pair with roku tv

Does the light start flashing when you hold down the button?  If you have big fingers it can be hard to depress the button, so you may have to use a pen or something to ensure you're pressing it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AdirondackDude
Reel Rookie

Yeah the light flashes. Nothing happens then though. I tried going in to settings to add new remote and it just searches forever while the light flashes after i press the button. Its weird cuz the remote will paur with regular rokus but not the roku tvs. 

0 Kudos
Tup

I have the same issue. I just purchased the Voice Remote pro. Completely charged the batteries and it does not wish to pair. I have a TCL Roku TV running 11.0 software

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Tup 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For starters, we suggest running a manual software update on your Roku TV. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Once done, try pairing your Voice Remote Pro again. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos