Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cep1297

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Yea, I am having the exact same problem.. Remote not holding charge model No. RC538 Firmware version rtn.4134.  I have never had a Roku product fail after only a few months....I have been a loyal fan for over a decade...  NOY HAPPY .Question what are you going to do about it, obviously I am not the only one.... 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @cep1297

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community and for being our valued customer.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. How long does your battery last? Do you use your remote's private listening features? This may be one factor for the battery drain. 

In addition, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected voice remote pro. It can be viewed at the back or underneath the player itself or by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

No I don't use head phone at all,only one side ear ever worked anyhow, But remote only holds charge for less then an hour ,then need to charge again...when charging green light come on bottom of remote.after using remote during one hour,remote goes dead just don't hold a charge...It worked great for about 4-5 months then it crapped out on us,   Thanks   for the text anyhow

0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

Sorry you asked for serial number ,here it is to from settings then about   000001GLX28 for to add to previous post

0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

Sorry X was left off serial number is X000001GLX28

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ISADORE

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the specific issue you are experiencing? How do you know that the Voice Remote Pro is needing frequent charges? Are you seeing an indicator on your screen, or is the remote simply dead? Please be aware that if you have multiple remotes connected to the same device, the battery indicator on screen will most likely be that of the originally paired remote, and not of the new Voice Remote Pro.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

Clarify the specific issue ? as you ask Danny. My answer is remote goes dead and I have to charge a dozen times a day to get it to even work......yes it is this dam piece of **bleep** remote batteries, and i hope you don't ask me some questions other then what I been telling you.I am old enough and worked around electronics to know it is and nothing else but the remote, Thanks Isadore

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ISADORE,

Thanks for following up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further. 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

Serial number as you requested  X000001GLX28.......  Been around in circles,  Nothing else is left to say other then good bye your remote I purchased,  took a **bleep** unless you would exchange been on this for months now Thank you  Isadore 🌹🌹

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ISADORE,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

We're sorry if it caused any difficulties but not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos