Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nudijoel
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro not holding charge

My remote worked fine for about 2 months or so, held a charge for weeks on end. Now when I charge it it dies in 3 days.  I have used four different bases, four different charging cables, multiple plug-in points, anything else I could think of. Still lasts 3 days.  Any help would be appreciated. I have held the pairing button down for 15 seconds and re paired it with the TV, still 3 days.  Seems like the battery is shot.  

Tags (1)
48 REPLIES 48
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Hey @Nudijoel

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Battery life will vary based on usage. Do you use your remote's private listening feature? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Keep us updated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nudijoel
Reel Rookie

No I do not use the private listening feature at all ever. The remote continues to die after being fully charged in three to four days. My serial number is YSOOUJ378778.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Nudijoel

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jmg374
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact problem as the one listed above. I have done everything from deactivating the remote and then re-pairing it, to restarting the Roku Ultra. Did you come up with a solution? I am wondering if I got a bad remote.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @jmg374

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected Voice Remote Pro. It can be viewed at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
J28

Re: Voice remote pro not charging.

I purchased the Voice remote Pro never used it until I paired with my Roku ultra. The battery showed low straight out of the box it paired and when I updated the software I placed on charger. I don't see any light and it's been on a charger for two hours.

0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

This is a piss poor system when you need support and can't get anyone or know who to speak with a tec, my remote is voice remote pro RC538 and I have to charge 3 to 4 times a day and each time it says 100 percent charged ,didn't have to that that the first several month purchased around April this year

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ISADORE

Thanks for the post.

Do know if your original remote is still paired to your Roku device? We would recommend checking in the remote settings to see which remotes are still paired to the Roku device the battery levels for each respectively.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ISADORE
Channel Surfer

Also we been using both with no problem till now for months they both work at the same time if we choose to use them ..my only problem is having to charge this new remote RC538 voice pro 3 to 5 times a day,  never had to do this before it isn't even a year old yet....The problem is the remote and (Not)  which remotes are still paired to the Roku device the battery levels for each respectively.  We still use both remotes I keep one at my chair and my wife uses the other

0 Kudos