Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sashaax3
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro not charging

I bought 2 voice remote pro controls less than a year ago and they no longer charge.  I cannot find the serial number but I have the MAC address, model #, and The sku#. How do I start the return process? 

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro not charging

Just give the SN # of the Roku device its paired with. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sashaax3,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku remote not charging, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device and the model of the Roku remote so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sashaax3
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary, 

I plug in the usb charger and one remote does not charge at all and the 2nd remote, the charging light flickers consistently and does not charge. I cannot locate the serial number but I have the original packaging and receipt. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sashaax3,

Thanks for following up.

Kindly provide the serial number of the Roku device that is paired with the Roku Remote Voice Pro as well as the model of the Roku remote.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sashaax3
Channel Surfer

As mentioned before… There is no serial number on the Roku voice remotes. Please help me return these controls! @RokuMary-F 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Sashaax3, she wants the serial number of the Roku device you're using with the remote, not the serial number of the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sashaax3
Channel Surfer

the remotes are not in use though? Do I still need to prove my TVs serial number? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sashaax3,

Thanks for the message,

In order for us to pass your concerns to our Roku Support, we will be needing information such as the Roku device that you are using with the Roku remote.

For more information about how to find the serial number of your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® device | Official Roku Support

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Schmidbc

@RokuMary-F , I’m having the same issue as the original post.  I’ve been using the voice remote pro for sometime and have never previously had problems.  The remote will no longer hold a charge; I’ve tried a number of different micro USB charging cables and power supplies of different wattage. I’ve also tried restarting the remote and charnging by holding down the connect button until the connection light cycles through.  All to no avail.

I’m using the following equipment

• Roku Voice Remote Pro (RC541)
    • Firmware version: rtn.4168
  • Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810x)
    • Serial Number YHOOFV590497
    • Software Version 11.0.0 | build 4193-50

I really enjoy the private listening feature of this remote.  Please advise how to resolve this or else get a replacement.  Thanks.

0 Kudos