Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texan_8891
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro and TCL roku tv not compatible model #s 50S535 or 32D327

Anyone have any luck with New Voice Remote pro and TCL roku tvs. After roku support asking me to contact TCl and TCL telling me this remote is not compatible with either of my 2 week old tvs.Just want to make sure this is accurate before I pay half the price of remote to return to Roku. Have model 32S327 and 50S535 TV's. Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pro and TCL roku tv not compatible model #s 50S535 or 32D327

They are compatible, all roku tv's are. I have the voice pro remotes working on Tcl 43" Roku tv, a Insignia 55", and Hisense 40" roku tv's. It has to paired, it won't work straight out of the box. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Texan_8891
Channel Surfer

After 2nd call to TCL an update 10.0 came through and I was able to program to the 50 in tv. Still no update for 32 in tv has update 9.4 and will not program remote. Thanks for the help

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

10.0.0. has nothing to do with it roku tv's have been able to work with wifi remotes for many years through all kinds of software editions. 

I tested the new pro remotes on all my roku models which include 3920 premiere, 3921 premiere+ and many others each still at 9.4. and it worked fine. Even the headphone jack which premiere 3920 never worked with before. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Texan_8891
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply. I'm just stating what worked for my 50in tv and the advise  I received from both roku and TCL. It didn't program with the 9.4.4 and after losing the 10. it did. Maybe this can help someone with the same issue. 

psyberian

Thanks, Texan. I recently got the 50S535 and wanted to upgrade from the included IR remote, but also wanted to be sure the new Voice Remote Pro would be compatible. My RC80 remote from a Streaming Stick+ (3600X) takes forever to pair with the new TV, and then it unpairs in less than an hour. Glad to hear the VRP is working for you now.

0 Kudos
Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

I have a TCL Roku TV and am having issues with my #Voice Remote Pro I just purchased. I can't keep it working. I have charged it and paired it. It will work for a minute then stop. But If I plug it into the charger it works fine. Then if I unplug it it stops controlling the TV. I have tried re-pairing and restarting the remote. But still does the same thing. But like I said as long as it is plugged in it works fine. But shouldn't have to keep it plugged in constantly for it to work. So I finally contacted customer support through chat and was told it was because my TV was a TCL. But in the compatibility chart it says ALL MODELS are compatible. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix it before I go through the trouble of returning it. And just go back to my old remote. Cause I really don't want to get another one just for it to not work and be frustrated all over again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Praevogt
Reel Rookie

Did you get an answer or get yours to work? I have the exact problem and also have a TCL TV. 

0 Kudos
Texan_8891
Channel Surfer

I never got the pro to program so I gave up on it. That was a couple years ago, maybe TCL made an update to fix the problem. Good luck

Blueyes67
Channel Surfer

@Praevogt no I never got that one to work then they sent me another remote but then didn't even send me the same remote. They sent me just the battery operated Voice remote. And not even the voice remote pro. It does work. But it's not the one I want.  The original voice remote pro I just bought at Walmart. But just recently I broke down ordered another Voice Remote Pro directly from Roku. It on its way and haven't received it yet. Not sure it's gonna make a difference. But thought I would give it another shot and hope maybe the first one was a dud. And if this one doesn't work I give up and may just do away with Roku. I have had Roku products for years and this is the first major issue.  But seems they may be going down hill and trying to get an answer or reach someone is ridiculous. And then you get conflicting answers like no one knows what they are even doing.