Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Handsomeman
Reel Rookie

Voice remote not charging

My remote won't charge past 47%. I've did the button press for 15 seconds and still no change. My daughter and I actually like the remote because it doesn't have a key pad to type in a Channel so using voice commands came in handy. So it's a true disappointment to have such a great concept of a remote to have such a flawed things such as the battery🔋 not holding a charge. Nevertheless the original remotes being directly pointed at the TV to work. Fix the charging and make all remotes voice command because not everyone wants to hold their phone while watching TV. Some to most like to detach from the world when watching 📺 

8 REPLIES 8
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Voice remote not charging

How long ago did you buy it? And where did you buy it from? If it’s more than a year old it’s not covered under warranty. If you got it within less than a year you can simply fill out a warranty info on the Roku website

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
Handsomeman
Reel Rookie

I called and they are sending me a replacement. I just find it discouraging because how do I know if the next remote winds up doing the same over time. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

And exactly how you’re charging it? I’m actually using my Apple charging block to charge it. I own 2 Roku voice remote pros. I like them very much for my Roku TV. The remote that comes with the TV from TCL is very generic. Both remotes are over a year old and I have no issues with them whatsoever. I wait till they are about at 30-40% then I charge them back up. Lasts for about 2-3 months on a full charge 

0 Kudos
Jvj1283
Reel Rookie

My replacement stop charging🤦🏽‍♂️

0 Kudos
Handsomeman
Reel Rookie

We believe the cord that comes with the remote burned out. We then used every single other cord we have that fit and not one cord worked past charging of 50%. So we contacted roku and told them it's not working with the original cord and other cords. They sent us a new one and we let the other older remote run dry and charged both of them with the new cord and both worked fine. I'm thinking g the cords go bad and it seems that the cord it comes with is the only cord that's works. We tried multiple cords and charging blocks and then ultimately use the charging port on our theater seats 💺 and it works. So yes I'm thinking g it's the cord for sure. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jvj1283

Thanks for the post.

Did the voice remote come with a Roku device or did you purchase the remote separately?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dee65

I replaced my voice remote less than a year ago.  It is not charging.  I have re-paired it, tried several cords and blocks to no avail.  It has twice been left to charge over 4 hours.  This round is now at 40 hours and the green light continues to blink slowly.  The battery is still indicating 12%.

How do I fix this?  It seems that this is a known problem?  Is Roku replacing them?  I really don't want to buy another.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @dee65 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected Roku Voice Remote Pro. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos