Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tufchik15
Reel Rookie

Voice remote completely dead

Like many others, my voice remote just died completely. New batteries- nothing. Tired a reset-nothing. The pairing light will not even illuminate. Had my Roku one week, bought from Amazon. I'm using the app as a remote which works, but definitely not ideal. Hoping for a replacement voice remote ASAP.

Serial Number X01600WYV1M6

Model 3941X

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote completely dead

Hi @Tufchik15,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are having an issue with your Roku remote not working. Not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tufchik15
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much, Mary!

0 Kudos
Aj1213

I have the same issue, except now with second remote in less than 2 years. I’ve tried all… nothing gets the remote pairing led on. 

0 Kudos
StacieNash

This just happen to me as WELL!!!!

Two days ago my voice remote just completely died on me. I put new batteries in and NOTHING! The green light won't even come on to reset it!! FRUSTRATING!! 

STRANGELY - My old "Non Voice/Power button" remote works!?!?!... Can someone explain that please?? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@StacieNash, "Non-voice/Power button"?  I assume you're speaking of a remote for a Roku TV?  If so, it's probably an IR remote that doesn't require pairing.

If you press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment for at least 5 seconds does the pairing light start to flash?  It can be difficult to press the button since it's so small, so you may want to use a small hard instrument to press it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
luit

Same thing just happened to me, less than a year old, just dies.  And the mute button on the side never did work.  Could I please have a free replacement?

0 Kudos
luit

Oh, and yes, I did follow the troubleshooting.  Tried 3 sets of batters and tried re-pairing.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @luit,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience. We're sorry if you are having an issue with the Roku remote not working.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device and we'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luit

Thanks.  It's x016008fhkh7

0 Kudos