Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marielarusso
Channel Surfer

Voice remote Broken warranty

I purchased a voice remote RC-FA1 from Amazon on January 12,2022. It came with Duracell batteries included. It has worked fine until a few days ago. Opened battery compartment and batteries leaked all over inside compartment. The remote no longer works. I would like a replacement since it is under a year and the batteries were supplied by Roku. I have tried to do it online but it wants the serial number. Any help would be appreciated. I looked in battery compartment and had model number and a longer number underneath. It did not work. 
thank you

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote Broken warranty

@Marielarusso 

You bought it from Amazon, but that means one of the following:

• Amazon is the seller
  • Roku is the seller
  • A third party is the seller

That could complicate things, so go ahead and get your receipts/emails together showing where, from whom, and when you bought it.

Tagging @Jeremiah-Roku 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You can return it the seller you bought it on Amazon from. Look at your order history 

0 Kudos
Marielarusso
Channel Surfer

I talked to Amazon already. They said it is past return date. They said that Roku warrenty would cover it and to contact Roku. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Marielarusso 

[content removed by author]

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Marielarusso
Channel Surfer

Thank You I deleted it. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Brand new never been out the box Roku remotes never come with batteries installed already, this was a return from someone else before you purchased it. Complain to Amazon you paid for new and received used? It least ask for a replacement? 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Marielarusso
Channel Surfer

The batteries were in the box wrapped and new not installed. Used them for a few months stoped working went to change and they had leaked. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Marielarusso, on the Roku warranty return page try using the serial number of your Roku device that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  If that doesn't work, try contacting support at https://support.roku.com/contactus/ and choosing Billing, other.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos