Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okie2

Voice pro remote won’t work

I am on my second voice pro remote. Both just stop working after 2-3 months. I have charged & it shows it is charged. It won’t pair, it won’t do anything. Roku Support says I have to have a serial number. There isn’t one. WalMart protection plan won’t cover yet. They say roku warranty must cover. I can’t get a human or help for this. I love Roku but the remotes not working and lack of support is making me question it. 
#voiceremotepro

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Voice pro remote won’t work

I have two Roku voice remote pros. I’ve had them for awhile now. No issues. The serial number is written on the back of the remote. To file a warranty claim see here. Are you sure the charging block you are using is good? Charging cable good? You set it up by holding  the home button on your original remote for 5 seconds. You can also press the button on the back of the remote for 5 seconds 

https://support.roku.com/article/4406543606551

https://image.roku.com/c3VwcG9ydC1B/Roku-Voice-Remote-Pro-QSG-2021-US.pdf

0 Kudos
Okie2

I am using the original charging cord. It blinks while charging then turns to solid green  still nothing. I tried repairing and the roku tv says it can’t find a remote. I bought the remote in January 2022. 2 or 3 times I was able to get the on button to turn on the tv. Then no other buttons work. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Okie2  did you read the links I sent you? Did you follow the instructions? If you wanna file my warranty claim then look at the link I posted. So only the power button works? Have you restarted your TV? 

0 Kudos
Okie2

Streamer 317 you may be a super hero!  I did read the links you sent. I had tried everything multiple times. Then I tried your suggestion. I unplugged the tv for 30 seconds then did the re-pairing and it now works!  Hopefully it will continue. I really appreciate your help. Do you think I will have to do this periodically?  

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Okie2  You shouldn’t have to. Also you don’t need to unplug your TV. You can restart your TV by going to settings/ system/ power. I usually restart all of my Roku devices at least once a week. Same goes for just about any electronic device. Phone, computer, modem, etc. Think of your TV like a computer or smartphone. he needs to be rebooted once a week or so. Glad it’s working for you

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@Okie2 wrote:

Do you think I will have to do this periodically?  

Probably.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos