Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhystaylor

Voice control

Jump to solution

My Roku voice control remote no longer recognizes voice commands

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice control

Jump to solution

Hi @Rhystaylor,

Thank you for posting about your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We’re sorry you are having trouble with voice commands not working as intended.

When Roku Voice doesn't correctly understand your voice commands, here are a few suggestions to improve your experience:

• Try speaking louder and closer to the remote. – Sometimes Roku Voice will mishear your words when you’re speaking softly or far away from the remote. Especially when there’s background noise.
  • Try rephrasing your command with different words. - Sometimes Roku Voice will understand your command better if you use different words. For example, if you want to increase the volume, saying “Turn it up” will work better than just saying “Up”.

You can find a list of our supported voice commands here: What voice commands can I use with my Roku® device? | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice control

Jump to solution

Hi @Rhystaylor,

Thank you for posting about your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We’re sorry you are having trouble with voice commands not working as intended.

When Roku Voice doesn't correctly understand your voice commands, here are a few suggestions to improve your experience:

• Try speaking louder and closer to the remote. – Sometimes Roku Voice will mishear your words when you’re speaking softly or far away from the remote. Especially when there’s background noise.
  • Try rephrasing your command with different words. - Sometimes Roku Voice will understand your command better if you use different words. For example, if you want to increase the volume, saying “Turn it up” will work better than just saying “Up”.

You can find a list of our supported voice commands here: What voice commands can I use with my Roku® device? | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos