Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salinna
Level 7

Voice command remote on Express work?

Jump to solution

does voice command voice for Roku express? I have an enhanced remote but a roku express and I am wondering why voice command isn’t working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Voice command

Jump to solution

@Salinna 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that voice remotes work through the enhanced "point-anywhere" remotes, while the Roku Express remotes are IR.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Voice command

Jump to solution

@Salinna 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that voice remotes work through the enhanced "point-anywhere" remotes, while the Roku Express remotes are IR.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
The1stUser
Level 7

Re: Voice command Roku remote comparability with other Roku players.

Jump to solution

The so-called employees never answer the question that is ask because they don't read? if you don't know the answer just don't reply. The person asked does the Roku voice remote work with the Roku express player?  Meanwhile, the Roku employee explain the difference. The person asked for COMPARABILITY, not function!

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Salinna 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
The1stUser
Level 7

Re: Voice command remote on Express work?

Jump to solution

Yes, but try pairing the new remote to the player then restart.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice command remote on Express work?

Jump to solution

The answer isn't clearly Yes or No, it's maybe. It depends on the model of express, the 3700 express or 3710 express+ don't work with wifi voice remote at all. Just IR remotes. So to answer the question we need more info then what was given.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos