Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Search not working - need assistance

I just purchased a Roku Ultra that has an Enhanced Voice Remote and the voice function worked fine when setting up my Roku account (was able to verbally spell my user ID email account and the voice control was shown to be operating in the upper right-hand corner of the screen), but after that when I turn on my Roku the voice search on my remote doesn't work at all. Like everyone else, when I press the button with the microphone icon on it all it does is change from the Home screen to the Streaming Channels screen, and there is no notification in the upper right-hand corner of the screen that my Roku is "Listening". I've done everything possible to get the voice function to work by implementing all the suggestions on this website, but nothing works!!!!!! Frustrated to no end after working on this issue for hours!!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Search not working

@Frustratedx1000

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos