Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tavyn
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote Will Not Pair

My Roku Voice Remote will not pair to my Roku TCL TV. I have tried every trouble shooting step previously posted including of course removing the batteries and unplugging my TV (tried this countless times for an hour), holding down the pairing button for at least 20 seconds while pointing at the TV, going into the system settings and having my TV search for the remote (is never found), changing my WiFi network settings, ensuring my system OS is updated, and replacing the (already new) batteries. Here’s what happens when I put batteries in the remote:

The green pairing light immediately starts to flash. I point the remote at the tv. I wait 2+ minutes until it stops. Or try to have the TV search for the remote at the same time. 

That’s it. The remote pairing dialogue never appears. This is NOT a cinch, it’s the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had with a modern piece of technology. I’ve had roku products for a decade and I’ve never had an issue like this before. Is there anything else I can try? Otherwise I am returning this remote as I believe it must be faulty.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Voice Remote Will Not Pair

Hey @Tavyn

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Are you using the remote that came with your Roku TCL TV? If so, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can reach TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tavyn
Reel Rookie

No. This is a Roku brand remote I purchased separately for $20. “Roku Voice Remote With TV Controls” “Works with Roku TV.” Unfortunately right now it’s a paperweight.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Tavyn

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the TV on where you are using the device. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tavyn
Reel Rookie

Hi I have a Roku TV (6102X) and the serial number is YW006R207327. My software version is 10.5.0. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tavyn
Reel Rookie

Did you hear any other options I could try?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Tavyn

I do apologize for the delay in response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GIT
Channel Surfer

Streaming Stick 4K - Model3820X SN: SOBY422SMLGJ will not pair. Did all the due diligence checks including batteries etc. No luck either on another TV with a same type of Streaming stick. Please help! Thanks! GIT

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GIT

Welcome here to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing the remote issue to our attention. We would be more than glad to help you out with this. 

• What troubleshooting process have you done so far?
  • May we know how you are powering your streaming stick is it a plug on the wall outlet or directly to a TV USB port?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@GIT, are you using the USB cable with the long-range Wi-Fi receiver?

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.