Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Remote Pro Charging and Pair Issue

I just bought 3 Voice Remote Pros

The first one charged and pair no issue.

The second one had touble charging but after trying a few times it worked. It also could not pair with a Roku Streaming Stick Plus ...I tried it with a second Roku Streaming Stick Plus and it worked. I checked the model numbers and firmware of the two Sticks and they are the same.

Finally I can't seem to charge the 3rd one I bought. The charging starts and the led is blinking green for about 2 minutes then disappears. I hit one of the buttons on front of remote and the green led starts blinking again then disappears. If I unplug the remote pressing the "pair" button for 5 to 30secs and the LED does not come on. I will try leaving it plugged in over night to see if it still charges even of the LED is not on.

Interested if anyone else is having this issue?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro Charging and Pair Issue

@pgouellette

Thanks for the post and letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. We would be happy to look into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device models
-serial numbers
-device IDs
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-voice remote pro information on the back of the remotes

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KGALLO35

I am having an issue with my brand new Roku remote. It will not charge or pair after trying different charging cables. Zero led interaction or notification. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @KGALLO35

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try to press and hold the pairing button of your remote for 15 secs and then see if the remote charges? You can also check this Support article for more troubleshooting steps: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tiochino
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue. The remote only works when plugged into USB power. Prior to the remote going dead, I was hearing a knocking sound whenever I moved the remote, as if something were loose. It is probably a disconnected cable from the battery to the logic board.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @tiochino

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected Voice Remote Pro. It can be viewed by navigating at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tiochino
Reel Rookie

Serial YS00L9895803

Software version 10, build 4209-30

Device ID 8SF00L895803

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks, @tiochino

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ajnotyega

I just bought a voice pro remote for my roku plus and it will not pair. I have tried everything that is suggested (charge batteries, restart roku, restart remote, restart internet) and NOTHING is working.  As I can see, this seems to be an issue with most of the remotes being purchased and ROKU needs to fix this problem before selling anymore.

I would either like someone to help me pair this stupid remote or give me my money back!

0 Kudos
Tiffer1694

Re awe: Voice Remote Pro Charging and Pair Issue

I am also having this same problem with my mom's remote, the first remote which is my mom's it will not pair with my tv and roku ulta player until i use the back + home with pairing buttons. and now. with this remote i had it back at my old house i tried unplugging the tv and ulta remote player but when i do plug it in, it flashes green it won"t pair here is my tv id if

@ajnotyega wrote:

I just bought a voice pro remote for my roku plus and it will not pair. I have tried everything that is suggested (charge batteries, restart roku, restart remote, restart internet) and NOTHING is working.  As I can see, this seems to be an issue with most of the remotes being purchased and ROKU needs to fix this problem before selling anymore.

I would either like someone to help me pair this stupid remote or give me my money back!

you need it. 

Serial Number is X00700TG15UF 

Device id is S06D509G15UF 

Sincerly, Tiffany Gopal thank you and have a nice afternoon. 

0 Kudos