Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

VOICE COMMAND AND OPTIONS BUTTON ON STREAMING STICK+ NOT WORKING

I just installed a ROKU STREAMING STICK+ and the voice search only goes to "Streaming channels", but nothing happens after that. The other issue is that the button on the remote marked with a star should activate options function as far as I see on the TV screen, but nothing happens again. I have a microphone button on the remote and hold it while I try to apply a voice command, but that also doesn't work. Do Roku devices have any limitations concerning functionality since I'm using the device in Europe?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 20

Re: VOICE COMMAND AND OPTIONS BUTTON ON STREAMING STICK+ NOT WORKING

The roku voice remote isn't a voice activated remote, its a roku remote that has a voice seach key, each time when you press the voice microphone key  the roku starts out at the home screen, even if you're not actually on the home screen, you can't change this. It doesn't keep track of where you are in the menu. Sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes, I clearly understand this by default, but that doesn't answer my question and doesn't change the fact that while holding the voice button the remote wouldn't react to my voice commands. The button marked with a star for the options function doesn't work at all either. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Level 20

Nope, I don't know a thing, can't help. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos