Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhinaysama
Level 7

Using Roku 4K remote to turn off bose soundbar

Hello,

Is the Roku 4K remote capable of turning On/Off a Bose soundbar 700?
I'm assuming it can be used to turn ON or OFF the volume for sure.

TV is connected to Bose Soundbar via Optical cable. I can choose to connect through HDMI ARC if needed (port is available).

I currently use Amazon Fire stick and that can control the volume of the soundbar but it doesn't turn ON/OFF the power.
If Roku does support that, I would like to switch over to Roku.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Using Roku 4K remote to turn off bose soundbar

That isn't an accurate enough description of your remote. My Ultra is 4K, but it's older and doesn't have a power button or IR support for other devices. Newer remotes have one or both. If your remote has a power button and support controlling other devices with IR, there should be a code that works. If it doesn't have a power button, then I believe the answer is no. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Re: Using Roku 4K remote to turn off bose soundbar

Even if the remote had tv power and volume keys, it is only for TV's. It may be able to control the soundbar via hdmi cec.
0 Kudos