Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iand
Level 7

Using Power/Volume buttons - TV Brand not in list

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ in a Samsung in one room and loved the power/volume functionality so much that I bought another to use in a different TV. This one though is a less well known brand, an "Evotel" that is 10+ years old now. This brand is not in the list when I try and set up my remote for TV control. In desperation I cycled through all other TV brands and options. There were a few hits when the music stopped but turned out the mute button was the only one that worked.

I've read a bit about IR vs HDMI-CEC but assume because of the age of the TV, IR is the only option? Do I have any other avenues of exploration here or am I just going to have accept the dual remote setup?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Using Power/Volume buttons - TV Brand not in list

@iand

Thanks for the inquiry.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight with your remote issue as he's our current resident remote expert in the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry I could not find another brand of tv to suggest for your evotel tv. Smiley Sad 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
iand
Level 7

Thanks for looking nonetheless. In my research I have found Evotel is an in-house brand from Currys, where I bought it from. Other such brands have included/include Logik, Matsui, Digitrex, TEAC and TV line. But of these only Logik is in the list, and like everything else, no joy Smiley Sad

0 Kudos