Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Batcat88

Use Roku remote away from Home?

Jump to solution

I added Roku Express to my dementia parents home, i got IR smart remote control/ Wifi IR Control Hub and it worked it their TV, means i can help them change their TV channel from my home but it didn't work with Roku Express even it was listed in the device app. Is there any app or anyway where i can help my parents to use RoKu from my house? The Roku app only works in same network. 

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Use Roku remote away from Home?

Jump to solution

@Batcat88

Thanks for the inquiry.

No Roku does not have the functionality of controlling a Roku device outside of the household that it currently is located.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Batcat88

Thanks for the inquiry.

No Roku does not have the functionality of controlling a Roku device outside of the household that it currently is located.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Batcat88, if the hub claims to work with Roku then I would suspect something with its line of sight to the front of the Express.  Try repositioning things.  I assume the Express is responding to the Roku remote.  Does the hub have a learning feature you could try?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
doe9de99

Use Roku from a separate location.

Jump to solution

Hi I have a business, in which I use roku on one of our tv's. Unfortunately I have to be on the same network to conect to it. I would like to be able to view my roku screen and control what's on it when I'm away from my business via the roku app. To my question I would like to know if it's a possibility a feature like this could be implemented to make it easier for me to manage what's playing on the roku in my business. In the meantime I'd there a workaround I can use to accomplish this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Use Roku from a separate location.

Jump to solution

@doe9de99

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that in order to have access to a Roku device via the Roku mobile app, the mobile device will need to be on the same wireless network as the Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos