Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bazookawarrior
Reel Rookie

Update No Longer Recognize TV >|

After my roku streaming stick updated it no longer recognizes my tv. We have an LG TV that we lost the regular remote for so we were only able to use the roku remote to turn the tv on and off and fix the volume. Very inconvenient. It was working perfectly before but then it updated on July 27 and now does not work. Maybe our TV is too old? But I just really despise how technology pretty much always forces you to buy new things. If anyone knows how to uninstall updates that be great! Or any other way to fix this problem. I do not have the money for a new tv. Last thing I tried was using an adapter instead of plugging into HDMI directly. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update No Longer Recognize TV >|

Did you go through the procedure again at Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->[voice remote]->Set up remote for TV control?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bazookawarrior
Reel Rookie

Yes, I’ve tried that several times. 😕 Unfortunately, doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try switching brands:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> setup for tv> change tv brands> now try Goldstar or Vizio 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bazookawarrior
Reel Rookie

I just tried changing the brand. Unfortunately that didn’t work either. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It’s also possible that the IR receiver in the TV has failed or has been blocked.  Do you have no other remotes that can control the TV?  (ie some blue ray player, satellite dish, cable box etc. remotes can be set to control TVs as well.)  If not, there are lots of universal remotes out there.

Sammyd4

I had the same issue with my LG. This was the fix that worked.

Go into the remote settings and remove it. It will ask for a for a four digit code to confirm removal.  Then re-pair the remote to the Roku. After pairing, setup the remote for LG tv.

0 Kudos