Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharpel
Level 7

Unsupported TV brand

For reference, I have a Veltech TV and a Roku Streaming Stick+.

My Roku device doesn't seem to recognise the TV brand either automatically or manually. Are there any solutions to this so that I can use the volume and power buttons on my remote?

If I chose another brand would it likely work?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Unsupported TV brand

I've never heard of that TV, so don't know the specifications. What you need is a TV with HDMI inputs that accept 720p, 1080p or 4K (2160p) resolution. Had another user yesterday that had the same issue. His TV only accepted 1080i, and didn't support 720 at all. 

Or are you simply referring to the power and volume buttons on the remote? Sorry if I misunderstood. But I believe there's a large number of codes that you can try to see if they work. I don't have any remote with such buttons, so not certain how to configure them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Sharpel
Level 7

Thanks for responding.

It's a full HD TV with HDMI inputs.

To be clear, the Roku itself works fine. The issue is the enhanced remote that came with the Roku, which hasn't been connected to the TV (so, I'm unable to use it as a universal remote, as I can't use the volume and power button on it to control the TV). When setting up the remote, it's unable to detect the brand of my TV and it's also not an option that I can put in manually.

I'm not sure what you mean by codes that I can put in.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Since I don't have one of those remotes, I don't know exactly how they are programmed to control a TV. But I was under the impression there's a way to select a device code and test its functionality. Sorry I can't offer further direction. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
IGHOR
Level 7

I do have experience of picking up brand and getting it to work on some Saturn name TV. My success was on Hitachi brand.

So you should try it and there is high chance you will find brand-replacement for your TV from the Roku list with different name.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 12

I would search codes under these brands LG, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba.  Many other brands use their code sets.

0 Kudos