Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwc194
Level 7

Universal Remote that Supports Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R)?

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R).

Looking for a universal remote that will support the Roku, my Samsung Smart TV, and potentially other devices in the future.

My understanding is that the Streaming Stick+ does not use IR for its remote, so the universal remote I originally tried (Logitech Harmony 665) did not work with the Roku Streaming Stick+.

Does anyone know of a universal remote I can buy that would support this Roku device?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Universal Remote that Supports Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R)?

You need a more expensive harmony with a hub, like the Elite. It controls it over the internet instead BT, IR, or RF. 

Edmund
Gilgamesh_48
Level 7

Re: Universal Remote that Supports Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R)?

Since the Stick is RF remote only there are no regular universal remotes that will work with it.

However I own a Harmony remote (one of the ones that uses a hub) and it does control all Rokus. It uses the local network just like the Android apps that work with Rokus and it controls them just fine.

I strongly recommend Harmonys with a hub but I do not like the default layout but everything is very customizable so once I changed things up to fit my needs I am VERY happy with it.