Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beepaj

Re: Unable to pair

Jump to solution

I saw where you helped so many others with this issue...could you post your solution?

My ser# C2391F561211

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Beepaj 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

[Not sure if my previous response posted or not - if this is a dupe, please forgive the wasted bandwidth!]

My pairing problem turned out to be of my own doing:

I had swapped two Rokus between TVs in two adjacent rooms.  After the swap, one of them no longer would pair.  Other devices in that room accessed the WiFi access point without difficulty - only the Roku had a problem.

It turned out that when I did the swap, I left each Roku's power cord in its original location.  However, the cord for the one that wasn't working actually contains the WiFi adapter - it is in the small bulge that's an integral part of the power cord.  SO  in its new location the Roku that depended on the power cord WiFi had none at all.

Once I matched the power cords to their matching Roku device, all was well.

HTH

0 Kudos
mags030

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

Hey Tanner,

Wondering if you have any advice. My remote stopped working, replaced the batteries and all that. I can't get the light to blink. I reset the remote and the Roku, and now I can't even pair the phone app as the TV screen is waiting to be paired.

Any ideas? I'm hoping to at least be able to use the app...

Cristalina

Broken remote can't connect

Jump to solution

Hello I don't have a roku controller because it is broken. So I started to use the roku app to control the tv. Now I moved and I can't connect It to the tv because I quess the internet is different now. I just ended up resetting it. So now is on the paring your remote which it asked me what language choose. Is not connecting is there anyway I can still save it? Because I feel like I can't do nothing about it now .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Broken remote can't connect

Jump to solution

@Cristalina 

Thanks for the post.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fieldhouse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku StreamingStick was perfectly fine on Friday.  Came in Saturday and it would not connect to my network.  Although my remote was able to turn TV on and off, it would not allow me to select any menu items from the HOME page.   Lots of advice on forum and I tried all of them.  Most drastic one was to factory reset the Stick, which I did.   After the bouncing ROKU, it asks me to select a language (English) then displays the 3 pics showing me to press the pairing button on my remote.   Nothing...

I think the ROKU StreamingStick is faulty.  

Thanks

Don

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Somewhere in this thread I stated that after a power outage my roku stick remotes would not pair. I gave one of the sticks to my daughter because she has a new home. Well she got the roku to work right away no issues what so ever. My ISP is centurylink and according to some people many users have issues with century link and roku advanced remotes. Where my daughter lives now they have mediacom and everything works just fine.

0 Kudos
sross01

Jump to solution

Use the supplied ROKU power cable, spent 2 hours looking for solution to the '3', used power cable from previous, didn't work, read this thread, used supplied power cable.  WORKED!  Feel like a dumb ass.

0 Kudos
JollyBeans

Re: Unable to pair as well

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. How can I PM you? 

0 Kudos