Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to pair

Jump to solution

Forgot to add:  Home network has multiple SSIDs - one for 2.4GHz access, and another for 5 GHz, extenders, access points, etc. Doesn't matter what connection I'm using for iPad - it can see all Rokus (except for stick in question).  

0 Kudos
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

PM sent last night.

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My roku sticks were working fine until this morning when there was some sort of wide spread disruption to our internet service. I have the same issues now as the first poster in this thread. The pairing light start flashing as soon as the batteries are in the remote. Now twice one of the rokus remotes did pair but stopped working after about 5 clicks. Now nothing works. I disconnected both rokus and put them away. I broke out a old roku 3 that has a IR replacement remote...it worked instantly. 

Oh yea I tried to download the remote app on my phone but like another poster my phone could not connect to the roku.

I've already tried the suggestions in this thread. )-:

If anyone has a solution please contact me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

For those who may be following this thread: I have found and corrected the problem.

When I moved the stick from one room to another, I did NOT use the OEM power cable (about 18" with a transformer or filter built into the middle) and used instead a longer USB cable that had the appropriate connectors I had tucked away in a junk drawer.  This morning I wondered if it could be the cable difference causing the problem.  I located the OEM cable I had abandoned, installed it in tandem with a longer USB cable, and all now works as it should.

I doubt this will fix a lot of others' problems, but I offer it here as just one more possible fix.

JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

While researching yet another setup problem saw this:

Roku Wireless.jpg

I had substituted my own USB cable, and hence the stick was unable to communicate wirelessly on my home network.  Mea culpa.

bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks..but that is what I've been using and it still won't pair. )-:

0 Kudos
JenkinsEar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is your home network up?  Other devices can connect to Internet wirelessly?  Have you rebooted gateway/router?  Or any access point(s) you may be using?

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes to all your questions. My network was down yesterday for about four hours. It is running fine now. The remotes just will not pair...I dunno why.Smiley Frustrated....I've owned Roku devices since 2010.

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My issues with rokus are more than likely due to the internet interruption we went thru on Friday afternoon...Today more issues...My Samsung smart tv will not connect with the internet. And my old school Roku 3 also will no longer connect. I called century link and they said...blah...blah...blah..there something wrong with my modem. Gee really? Tomorrow I'm calling the local yokel Centurylink office and see if they can get this stuff fixed. 

0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Today I tried to call the local yokel Century like rep. But to no avail..there aren't any..so I talked to a young man in the Philippines. Finally someone who had actual knowledge! He did something to my modem remotely and now everything is working! (-: but my wife's Amazon Echo is still won't connect to the internet.)-:

Bottom line is that the issue was with the modem after the long outage on Friday. Not the roku gear..

0 Kudos