Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kahunadog

Re: Free HDMI Cable Site Issue

Jump to solution

I have just purchased my 4th Roku Streaming stick +.  I have not previously had a problem ordering  the HDMI extension but this time, the web site will not accept my information and place the order.  I fill out the shipping info an press the "Continue " button and nothing happens.  Just sits there.  Tried placing the order on another computer with the same result.  My serial number is 21313F094662.  Would you be able to help me get this ordered please?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
jag6718
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for getting back with a fix that doesn't work to a problem that has been going on for years. My favorite comment on this community page was from a customer that said "at least tell us to F" off". Roku obviously doesn't intend to fix the issue or honor their commitment. The offer was made by you, these customers didn't come looking for free handouts. You offered it then didn't deliver. Simply post an update on the site saying the offer is no longer valid. And don't offer fake SN numbers as a fix that you don't intend to work. You knew that wasn't going to work but it's your way of blowing off the customer. Roku is worth $57 billion off the backs of its customers. Thanks for the awesome customer service. And to respond to your comment. No, that was not the device ID, it is the SN number. How do I know this? because it says SN next to it. OR,,, your products are mislabeled and your websites are non-fuctional. It's a $5 part on Amazon, so let just be clear that's not the issue. The issue is Roku's response to years of customers complaining. Way to go Roku, customer service right at the Xfinity/Comcast level. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jag6718

Thanks for the follow-up.

You can always verify the serial number and device ID of your Roku device in Settings > System > About

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Kahunadog

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since what you provided was the device ID, we would recommend using your stick's serial number which is YH00F6094662 when filling up the form. You can always verify the serial number and device ID of your Roku player in Settings > System > About

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jag6718
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This back and forth has been fun and all but it's getting old. I verified my SN number as suggested. the SN number as labeled on the outside of the device appears to be incorrect. But at this point, I don't know if I trust either one as neither one worked. But I suppose you already knew that because the website doesn't work. I don't want your part. I want you to just say the site is fake or non-functional and Roku doesn't have a smart enough IT guy to fix it. Or, just be honest and say F* you. I would respect that more than more BS suggestions to try. No response is necessary as I know from reading the community chat that it's never going to get fixed and Roku doesn't plan on retracting the offer it doesn't intend to honor for some reason. Says a lot about a company and how much it values its customer base. 

Bridgettepass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The serial number is YH006U923625

I provided it 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing back. Please send me the free extender so I can use the device. I have tried zeros and the letter o both when filling out the form. Neither work. You need to have your tech department fix the site. With so many people having the same complaint, you would think they would have it fixed by now. 

Jump to solution

Same issue as everyone else put in info and nothing happens SN: CT38A1808566 taken from the back of the stick. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Bridgettepass

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @sdgleason0705

Thanks for the post. 

Since CT38A1808566 is your device ID, we would recommend using your stick's serial number when filling up the form. It is YF0013808566. You can always verify the serial number and device ID of your Roku stick in Settings System About

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bridgettepass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D @Thanks!  Will they also be sending me the HDMI extender???

0 Kudos