Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirkman
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to claim free HDMI Extender

Jump to solution

Kariza, as I posted, I *did* use YH serial numbers, and they did NOT work for me. Also, you should note that clicking the form's help icon for that field causes a popup to appear that tells the user to enter the serial number on the back of the Stick+ device. However, as I wrote, I *did* use the YH serial numbers, and they do not work, either. There is a bug in the form's code, also as I wrote, that is causing it not to submit the form's data correctly. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

Hi @CMS11,

We appreciate your patience with this matter, I understand that you are receiving an error message of "Insufficient power" and unable to claim for free HDMI Extender.

As a first step, we recommend starting here to troubleshoot with a low power issue: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning? | Official Roku Suppor...
How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? If plugging your device into the wall adapter isn't resolving your issue of low power, please send the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About.

I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI Extender - Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

@gpdele wrote:

Can you still get free HDMI extenders?  I tired ordering one on: https://my.roku.com/HDMI - when I fill out the form and hit submit nothing happens - no error are messages displayed. 

I've not heard anything about this offer being discontinued.  Are you located in the US (I think I've read this offer is good only in the US)?

If you have an ad blocker in use on your web browser, this might be blocking the submit action.  See if turning it off allows you to submit the form.

But if worse comes to worst, there's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDMI Extender - Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

Hi @gpdele,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are unable to claim the free HDMI cable.

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access https://my.roku.com/HDMI? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?

If you are still having any issues with claiming the free HDMI after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Free HDMI Cable Site Issue

Jump to solution

Hey @Kirkman

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sara4382

Unable to order free HDMI extender cable

Jump to solution

I am unable to order the free HDMI extender cable.  I went to the site and filled out all fields..it will not let me complete my order.    I see that others have posted on this but there is no clear solution other than posting and someone asking for the serial number to assist me further,  Please help.

0 Kudos
jag6718
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After reading all the comments from probably hundreds of your customers, I am having the same issue. I purchased the Roku Streaming Stick+. It clearly states "Doesn't Fit? Order a free HDMI extender cable at my.roku.com/HDMI". You and Roku are very aware this site does not work and you have done nothing to resolve the issue that a lot of your customers are having and getting very frustrated about. What is your resolution for this matter? My device SN 22509D282388 is not accepted by YOUR website that your company devoted to misleading customers. Waiting on you.....

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Disconnects from WiFi and Remote

Jump to solution

I filled out the form for a free HDMI extender cable- after filling it out the CONTINUE button did not respond.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @jag6718

Thanks for the post.

The one you provided above is the device ID, but here's your serial number: YH00D4282388. We recommend using that then let us know if you'll be able to proceed. 

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Disconnects from WiFi and Remote

Jump to solution

Hey @617

Thanks for reaching out!

We would suggest double-checking the serial number making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that it that usually starts with "YH". To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number/device ID of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos