Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crshedd

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

i filled out the form for hdmi extension for over-heating. nothing happens when i hit continue. obviously it must be my fault so what can i do to get to the point i can submit the request?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @crshedd

Thanks for the post.

We would suggest double-checking the serial number making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. You can also try using a different browser or private/incognito tab then see if that will allow you to submit your request for a free HDMI extender. 

If after the suggestions above nothing still happens when hitting 'Continue', please reply here with your Roku device serial number which can be located at the back of the device or by navigating to Settings > System > About

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rherediab
Reel Rookie

Re: Free HDMI Cable Site Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Team, i trust you all are doing very well, as well as your families and friends.

I am having some issues when requesting the HDMI Extender according to my product.

I am getting the error that the serial number is invalid, from the service i am getting an error describe as "invalid PID"

I recently bought the product, however i am from Chile. let me know if you need some more evidence regarding this issue, it does give me the error using both the Serial number, the one in the back of the Roku Stick+ or the one in the System -> About

I look forward to read any comment you might have.

Thanks for you time.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @rherediab

We're here to help!

Please reply here with your Roku device serial number. You can check my post above for information on where it can be located. 

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Phiiliip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. I don't have any zeros or any letter o in my number. I put in too much address information, that was my problem.

Philip

0 Kudos
rherediab
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

i have 2 different Serial numbers.

From behind the device i have: SN 245091478518

and from the System -> About i have YH001R478518

That's all the information i have for now, let me know if you need something else.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rherediab

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Bridgettepass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been trying for weeks as well to get a free HDMI extender and the site is not working. I have tried three different devices and it doesn’t work on any of them. I even called customer service and left a message and never got a return call. Very disappointed in the customer service so far. I’m considering returning it and swapping to a fire stick. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku has no phone support, so I don't know who you called, but it's most likely a scammer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bridgettepass

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Where are you currently located? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku Streaming Stick device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos