Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LiverGuy
Channel Surfer

Re: Ultra remote headphone audio issues

Jump to solution

For me it was the moving the Ultra over 6 to 8 inches from the power strip.  Once I did that I had no crackling dropping issues.  So I agree with the RFI issues with the Ultra itself.  

0 Kudos
valabad
Reel Rookie

Re: Ultra headphone issues

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for the "exotic" solutions, but there is a problem with the Ultra audio on the remote.  I have gone through 15 of the earphone remotes in the last 4 years.  They would work for about 3 months and then quit.  It wasn't batteries, routers, or anything else, it is a defective product.  It goes through batteries like there is no tomorrow.....there is a problem with the wiring in the remote and they have refused to fix it.  They NEED to fix it....people have spent so much time ditzing around with it.  It is also the only remote I have ever had that installs batteries going the same direction.....there must be some reason batteries install going the opposite directions.

Get with it ROKU....fix the problem!

NoahEast

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue and I’m unable to find a solution, even after all these troubleshooting suggestions. It was working fine since Christmas, and now it’s just a cacophony of static and muffled voices. My Roku is rendered unusable, since headphones is the only option given my living situation. I need help!

0 Kudos
rocketman99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found that the remote chews through batteries in about a week when using the earphones.   Try changing batteries.  I wonder if batteries might last longer if you have independently powered headphones to plug in?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Had the same issue.  What I did to fix it is to unplug the Roku "router" unit and also unplug the HDMI cable for the unit.  After a few minutes, I plugged back in the HDMI then the power cord.  Volume control worked beautifully for my headphone.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Don't you mean Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start? 😉

0 Kudos
errrk

Jump to solution

What finally fixed it for me was just changing the home network connection.  We use Centurylink and can choose a 5G network and a regular (non 5G) network.  I switched to the regular network and that did it.  Finally, after 3 months of trying everything else.  

0 Kudos
MatthewB4

Jump to solution

This worked great for me on an Android. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well crazy enough it works for 45 minutes to an hour or so but then sounds starts static and cutting out. It’s really unpleasant. I don’t understand why they don’t just let you connect to the Roku. I know it has Bluetooth or something in it. Doesn’t if?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @angelinejovan,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Have you tried unplugging your Roku device and re-pairing your remote to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos