Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Librarian
Level 7

Ultra Remote, battery died without warning.

So, this morning, remote #2 is dead. I go into settings, and see that the battery level is only 15%. It seems odd to me, that I was using this remote all week, and at no time did I ever see an on-screen warning about the battery level getting low?  I've noticed that the only way to get anything in the way of a battery status is to either going to the settings or remove and replace the remote batteries.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ultra Remote, battery died without warning.

Hi @Sarah_Librarian,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? http://go.roku.com/remotehelp.

If you are still having any issues, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Sarah_Librarian wrote:

So, this morning, remote #2 is dead. I go into settings, and see that the battery level is only 15%. It seems odd to me, that I was using this remote all week, and at no time did I ever see an on-screen warning about the battery level getting low?  I've noticed that the only way to get anything in the way of a battery status is to either going to the settings or remove and replace the remote batteries.

FYI, you can check a paired remote's battery status by going to Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote name> (in use)/About  and it will show you the current detected battery level.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@StreamerUser wrote:
FYI, you can check a paired remote's battery status by going to Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote name> (in use)/About  and it will show you the current detected battery level.

And if your remote is not working at all, as long as your Roku is still connecting to your home network, you can use the Roku app on a mobile device to issue those menu commands.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos