Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicspeller
Level 7

Ultra Buttons Confusion

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm hoping to get some help before making a Black Friday purchase, and there appears to be a no way to get an answer from the company.

I am really, really confused about the buttons on the Ultra remote. When I looked at Best Buy today, they had four buttons labelled with channel names, and at the bottom, A and B buttons positioned vertically. The picture on the Roku site shows 1 and 2 buttons, positioned horizontally, with four unlabelled buttons underneath. On the other hand, in the Ultra introduction video, the remote looks like the one I saw at Best Buy, but without the channel labels.

How do I know which remote I'm going to get? Does it just depend on the luck of the draw, depending on where and when I buy the streamer?

Can anyone help me straighten out this mess?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Ultra Buttons Confusion

Jump to solution

The one at best buy was last years model 4660, the new 2019 ultra has 1 & 2 keys and also mute on the side, its the 4670r. When purchasing retail you can read the model on the side, of the box  look for 4670r or if walmart 4670rw.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

The one at best buy was last years model 4660, the new 2019 ultra has 1 & 2 keys and also mute on the side, its the 4670r. When purchasing retail you can read the model on the side, of the box  look for 4670r or if walmart 4670rw.

View solution in original post

magicspeller
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! I assume the 1 and 2 buttons are programmable, and the other four are pre-programmed and you get what you get? (Probably depending on the seller.) Am I understanding correctly?

One of my older remotes has buttons for both Netflix and Amazon, which is what I prefer. It appears that everybody has a Netflix button, but I haven't seen a current model with Amazon....

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

Yes, the predefined can't be changed. I haven't seen new remote with amazon key since amazon started selling streaming players themselves. The 1 & 2 keys will hold voice command, which can be amazon. Press and hold the voice search key and say amazon, it launches amazon app, then you press and hold say 1 key for 3 seconds. From now on the 1 key will launch the amazon app.  It can also be say John Wayne pictures, it will list John Wayne movies. Most any type of voice prompt can memorized on the 1 & 2 keys.

0 Kudos
magicspeller
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. Good information. I won't waste my time looking for an Amazon button....

0 Kudos