Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Ultra 4640x power adapter specs

Lost my power adapter, and having trouble finding a replacement.  I know it's 12 volt, and 1 amp, but I can't find the size of the barrel anywhere.  Trying to find the exact outer, and inner barrel dimensions if anyone has it. 

Thx! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Ultra 4640x power adapter specs

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for quick reply.  I've actually looked at all of those.  The roku PW11 didn't list the 4640 so I wasn't sure if it would fit... Roku Ultra LT Roku Ultra (Only model 4660, 4661, 4760)

Amazon, and Ebay are aftermarket, and not sure how much I trust them, or their specs. 

Is there anyway to confirm that the PW11 will work with the 4640x?  I just don't want to drop another $20, and brick the unit, or get the wrong unit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You can't really trust whats written under the products that roku sells there have been many mistakes I have bought to their attention. Its the right one believe me. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thx very much for all the help from you both.  Gonna order, and watch some disney plus (why this came up lol). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Just got it, and it does not fit.  WTF is up these Roku forums.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

PW11 DOES NOT FIT THE 4640x.  That's why it's not on the list. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Can't trust community advice?

2 members told me this PW11 adapter would work with my Roku Ultra unit despite it not being listed on product page, and of course, it does not.  As soon as I pulled the plug out, I knew it was the wrong one.  There goes $20, and another week.  Are there repercussions, or anyone can join, level up, and give the wrong advice? 

BTW, does Roku not support their old top of the line players?  I only needed that particular unit because of the optical, but now.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Can't trust community advice?

I would say that for the most part, every user that attempts to assist on this forum does so with the best of intentions. But sometimes we are impacted by the information that is available from some sources. I personally work very hard to ensure whatever information I provide is as accurate as I can find. But I've still been caught on occasion with bad information. 

Roku must have changed the power supply for the later versions of the Ultra because of the CPU change that happened with the 4660. I have a 4640 and a 4670, and honestly never really paid attention to them when I set the second one up. I really wish the industry as a whole would stop using so many different sizes of DC barrel connectors.

But I can see one possible reason for Roku changing the size of the connector, and that's if the newer models require more power than the older supplies offer. If you have the same size connector, someone could use a supply that doesn't provide enough power, and that can damage the player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Can't trust community advice?

Well it's a warning for the next guy, right?  Idk what Roku's policy is here. Maybe you can say anything if it helps with sales?

It's very disappointing.  2 members here claimed to be sure, and they were either lying, or guessing, but to give terrible advice after reading my issues....  They didn't even apologize. They checked in, had a laugh, and logged out. Just shady AF, and there's no excuse really.

Would have been nice if someone else stepped up, and said it won't fit. Like maybe a company rep.  Would have been even better if Roku simply continued to support their odd choice in adapters for their older Top of the line Roku Ultra.

CS hasn't responded to my inquiries.  Something tells I'm not getting the right adapter, and if I have to pay for shipping back, that's $15 for absolutely nothing.  Just a terrible experience trying to buy something that maybe cost Roku $2. 

0 Kudos