Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msgtx7
Level 8

Ultra(2019) remote drops connection at will?? to get to repair is nightmare!!

I will et the remote to pair and all is fine. If I sit the remote down to watch something it will lose pairing within 5 minutes??  I have read everything on this site and roku.com support it all list general problem fixes and TRUST ME NONE WORKED!!! Someone at ROKU HAS TO KNOW they have some remote issues!!

4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ultra(2019) remote drops connection at will?? to get to repair is nightmare!!

@msgtx7 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please take a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps regarding your remote here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If those troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
msgtx7
Level 8

Re: Ultra(2019) remote drops connection at will?? to get to repair is nightmare!!

I dont see how to send you a private msg????

I did try EVERY thing I could to fix the problem. As I said the roku.com support site provides next to NO help solving this. The community page I read and read and NOBODY gave answers that the support page did no have.  I am very tech aware! I made sure router and firewall was not the problem, wi fi is letting roku ultra work!! just the remote drops pair after a few minutes of NON use. I reset the whole thing even deleted from linked devies online and went thru complete setup again.  Tried the channel setting om router to make sure the automatic channel selection was not causing issue. Nothing!!!!!  still loses pairing after a few minutes of not using the remote?????????????????    

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

To send PM, click on Roku Danny name, view profile, scroll down on the right side is box to send a PM.

When current wifi remote are not paired to a roku, or if the roku it is paired with is unplugged from power, it switches to IR for Roku commands. So when the remote stops working, check it with your cellphone camera, see if it send flashes meaning its IR, no flashes its RF.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
msgtx7
Level 8

the camera trick! with ph cam was cool!!! never thought of that myself! GOOD INFO!!!! thanks!!!

But!!!  the old remote from my roku from 8yrs ago shows up that is what I have been using after the new ultra 2019 remote loses it pairing.   The NEW enhanced remote from the ultra does now show up on the camera trick ever!!!!! not when paired (of course its using wifi) and not after it loses it;s pairing. THE NEW enhanced NEVER shows up.  It pairs just drops off after 2 or 3 min of non use??  Then I have to go thru the re pairing process.     I WOULD LOVE IF THE NEW enhanced remote would just switch to IR when it loses its pairing!!!  the only reason i care is the shape and size of the new remote is WAY!!!! better than the old original roku and remote that came with it! which i have to use when the new loses pairing

0 Kudos