Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpaugh19
Level 7

Ultimate Remote Batteries Dying Quickly

A few weeks ago my Roku Ultimate remote just started burning through batteries. I have another Ultimate that uses the same kind of batteries and I haven't had any issues with the remote for that Roku. Here is the faulty Roku information:

Roku: 
Model: 4630X
Serial: YR003A986941
Software: 9.1.0 build 4111-29
Device ID: 7KA6A3986941

Remote: 
Version: 2.01.18.120
Model: RC95

I'm currently testing behavior issues, but I'm pretty certain that's not causing it. The remote gets put into a basket while being watched as well as for the night. Same behavior before this issue started. Currently double checking my warranty to see if I'm still inside the limit. Any troubleshooting info anyone has would be fantastic.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Ultimate Remote Batteries Dying Quickly

We knew you meant "Ultra" and not "Ultimate" but it looks like this is an ongoing issue for some people. Maybe Roku can replace the remote or send a firmware upgrade to the remote for you.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Actually the 4630 is the older version of the Premiere+, not the Ultra. So it's several years old now. Maybe not since you bought it, but since it was released. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

"jpaugh19" wrote:
The remote gets put into a basket while being watched as well as for the night.

I've found the button response on my Roku3 to be incredibly sensitive.  I've interrupted many a non-Roku viewing because the slightest pressure on a Roku remote button causes a response that triggers my tv to switch to the HDMI to which the Roku is attached thanks to having CEC set up.
Make sure, when in the basket, that its position doesn't put pressure on any of the remote buttons.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jpaugh19 

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with your remote. Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and I'll follow up directly to assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos