Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

@Lissy92 this is about the 3810 Roku. The 3810 has a long range device built-in to the cable. That cable is replaceable but it’s out of stock. You have a different model Roku stick. Exactly what is the problem with it? If you bought it three weeks ago then you should be able to return it under a 30 day return policy from wherever you bought it

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Lissy92  The cable featured in this link is not for your Roku. I see your post going back from a week ago which means you’ve had all this time to return your Roku. Where did you purchase it from?

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver

0 Kudos
Rodelarick
Reel Rookie

Bought it year ago, no warranty.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Rodelarick  A Roku like most electronics are covered for 12 months. If are over 12 months then ok. A year is 12 months so your Roku should be covered 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MG11 @Maatb @Nonnieof4 @Lissy92

Thanks for the posts.

I I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

My USB Power Cable with Long-range WiFi Receiver literally fell apart.  I removed the cable from the stick so that I could pack it up for a move and the connector end came apart.  It looks like the crimp failed.  Very poor manufacturing if removing the calble one time causes it to come apart so easily.  I need a replacement. SN: 21308A045051 Model: 3810X.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jschoengarth  I highly doubt it fell apart. I own two 3810. Either way your Roku is out of warranty and the cable is $20. The cable is out of stock so your only choice is to purchase a new Roku Stick 

0 Kudos

I "highly doubt" you are qualified to say whether or not it fell apart.  I also own two 3810 units; one of which did not fall apart.  Yay for us owning two!   I guess when I unplugged the unit for the first time and the the metal portion of the connector housing sticks in the unit and the cable is no longer usable, I consider this falling apart.  Normal removal force from the unit should no way cause this defect.  My assumption is this issue is related to poor crimping during the manufacturing process.  With all the issues I see in this thread for this part, the fact that this cable is out of stock, and that there is no way to contact customer service, I think this company knows they have issues.  I love the Roku stick and it has worked well for me.  However, this defect should never have happened.  @Customer Service - I need real customer support please.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jschoengarth  Your Roku is out of warranty. The cable is $20 and out of stock. That 3810 is an older unit. The cable you need has been out of stock for awhile now. A new Stick id on sale for $40. I never unplug cable. No need to. Even when I moved I unplugged it from the wall and tv. Left everything else plugged in. People are forceful. Just like people break there iPhone charging cables. So buy a new Stick and be done with it. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jschoengarth 

Personally, until Roku either redesigns the need for a seperate proprietary cable, restocks their supply, or reaches out to users with non-functional Streaming Sticks due to this issue, I would consider purchasing one of the other Roku Streaming players that does not require this receiver cable.

I know some users really like the Streaming Sticks but with this unsettled issue of failures and supply problems, will really be in the same boat if a new device exhibits similar failure. (Of course, the new one would be satisfied by warranty, but will still have to wait to receive a replacement receiver cable.)

Just something to think about.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102