Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

Hey @sritodi

We're here to help!

Could you tell us first specifically about the issue you're running into? I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sritodi
Channel Surfer

The USB cable is loose fitting and many a times causes connection to be lost. Since this cable also hosts the antenna, I am unable to use a generic cable and deal with having to connect the cable again and again. The HDMI connection is not loose

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sritodi

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sritodi
Channel Surfer

SN:YH0052289400

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem listed here - device powers fine with a different cable but included cable with long-range wireless receiver stopped functioning due to its stress point from dangling freely and bending over on itself to draw power from TV's USB as cable isn't long enough to reach the wall outlet. As such there's no way to communicate with the device. I'd like a replacement cable (long-range wireless receiver usb power cord).

Here are my device details:

Roku Streaming Stick+

SN#: 213021839303

Model#: 3810X

Thank you,

Meghan

0 Kudos
BethL

I've also had this same problem! My integrated wifi cable broke at the mini usb end after only using it a few times. It no longer connects to the wifi though I bought a replacement mini usb. I am so frustrated. Very poorly made cable. I believe Roku should replace this cable!

My SN is: 265077920720

azahar808
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. The cable broke. I tried to replace it but the remote doesn't work with other cables. Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos
ALee2022

We too have this issue with all three of our television sets. I believe we might need to go with a different company receiver like the Amazon fire stick or Chrome cast because it doesn't seem fruitful to replace all three wires at $60. And with the part on back order it's not even possible.

This is most certainly a defect with this Roku device and as I pay for the Roku service itself I'm very disappointed Smiley Sad 

aj8167
Reel Rookie

I also have this problem.  End of long range wireless receiver cable failed from hanging due to gravity. 

Roku streaming stick 45 SN: S08Y418XD2M6.

I would appreciate if you could send me a replacement cable.

0 Kudos
Dawone06

I just the same exact thing happen! Same scenario...Samsung TV...wireless receiver cable in the upright position and flops downward...broke off at the stress point into the steaming stick. I prefer to use my Roku remote over the Samusung remote that comes with the TV.

What’s the remedy?

0 Kudos