Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssjhs

USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

My Roku streaming Stick+ stopped working.  I discovered it was due to the  USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver.  This plugs into the stick.  My Samsung tv HDMI inputs all require that the  Stick is plugged into the tv HDMI such that the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver cord is coming out of the top of the Stick (upward), so that it then flops/hangs down via gravity.  I discovered that the cable that connects it to the Stick wore and developed a tear right at the stress point where it flops downward after the connection to the Stick.  I feel this is a defect, and dont think i should have to pay $20 for a replacement.  Ideas?  Fixable?

Tags (1)
216 REPLIES 216
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver

@ssjhs 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blanketjones
Reel Rookie

My Roku Power Stick Plus cable also stopped working.  Won't consistently deliver power to stick no matter what the power source.  Using another mini USB cable delivers power fine, but then no WiFi signal because the antenna is not present.  Just bought this and first time trying Roku, so unhappy.  May have to go back to Fire Stick . . . .

My Roku's sn is 22513A484124

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @blanketjones

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

same issue. one month in.  defective usb power cable with long range receiver.  out of stock.  device will not function without it.  JUNK.  terrible customer service tells me to order a new extender cable.  that is not the problem.  send me a replacement part vs charging me for your poor q/c.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@charleyhorse

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

Once we have that information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristisue
Reel Rookie

My Roku receive wire broke also.  Maybe it was a defective batch.  How can I get a replacement. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Kristisue

I hope you're doing well.

For clarification, are you also referring to USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receiver? If so, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku player. It can be found at the back of the device itself.

Furthermore, you can always check our website for accessory or remote replacements. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Critter

My cable tore due to hanging from the back of the TV. USB power cable with long range wireless receiver. Model# woo1 stick is an 225118806402. Purchased March 17 2021.

0 Kudos
Kristisue
Reel Rookie

My SN is 22511D551461

0 Kudos