Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imforguns
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Are you saying my 4month old remote is now junk and can not be used to control the tv? 

HMathis
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will help but try reprogramming remote using Hisense Brand TV instead of Sharp Brand.  I have a Sharp TV and this worked for me.

Sharp TV is manufactured  by Hisense  

0 Kudos
YvonneMW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Team,

This did not work. Everything on my Roku remote works except adjusting volume. I can change channels, turn off & on television, voice commands, etc. I have done everything listed to do. No volume adjustments unless I physically get up and adjust the volume on the television. No longer have Philips television remote. Before updates, working perfectly, never had an issue. Have another Roku in another room with a Roku remote and works just fine.

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number YJ0013946264

Software 10.0.0 * build 4198-46

Device ID KW9981946264

Television is Philips model #55PFL3907/F7

Jump to solution

I agree.  Roku is not fixing this issue.  And they have no call in support.  This is a bad company

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming stick+, SKU# 3810R, SN2130CH08010.

Roku worked for 3 months, then:

Now Roku will only turn on and off TV,

Roku will not provided any other functions beyond turning on and off TV.

After unplugging and re-plugging Roku from USB Port, TV Source says 'Incompatible Format'.

Resetting TV did not help.

Roku not working for any function besides turning on and off tv.

ktimbers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Download did not work!
TV power and volume not working. I have tried all fixes on community pages. Roku:  ktimbers@aol.com Roku Ulta Model:  4660X.    Remote Model:  RC193.  TV Brand:  Westinghouse.  Update:  10.0.0  Build: 4198-46. Serial No: YJ0075108283 Device ID: CK3867108283  
NotHI
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku device model - 4660x - Roku Ultra
-serial number - YJ00C1753569
-device ID - CK488C753569
-software OS/version - 10.00 build 4198-46
-remote model - RC193
-TV brand and model number - Samsung UN55JU7100

worked until Thursday.  

update: Have tried multiple ways of getting the remote to work, and have found nothing to fully resolve - volume and tv power off still are inop, but have noticed that I can get the tv to power on when using the Home, up arrow, *, ffwd, rwd, and any special channel button (but not the actual power button).

System Update 28 June 21 - didn’t fix this issue.  Build 4209 wasn’t a solution on my Ultra.

MA9

Jump to solution

Update did Not Work. 

Model: 3921RW

Serial: YHOOG2467851
Software: 10.0.0

Device ID: JG289G467851

Lare0213
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Despite the update which allegedly fixed many remotes, my remote still won’t work (volume and power) for my Sharp tv. I’m using the roku streaming stick+ model 3810RW serial number YH003H675756. The TV is Sharp mode number LC-40Q3000U. Everything worked fine prior to these updates. 

Tdmoore17

Jump to solution

Have done the update and tried to set up the remote several times. I have a Sharp TV Model EN3R39S

Model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick
Serial number: YFOODL691600 (CT388D691600)
Software version: 10.0.0 • build 4198-55
Timestamp: 2021-05-22T03:30:52Z
Please use issue ID 00-203-250 to report the current Roku Channel issue.