Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipanyko

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Has there really been no solution to this? 

model 4662RW

software 10.0.0 build 4209-46

yes controlled tv before 

Vizio 

not connected to avr 

0 Kudos
Jgraves95
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku come on… still not working month later.  What are you doing?

0 Kudos
Steviechs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Proscan TV still with no power or volume control.have followed along since this issue arose and updated to 10.0 build 4209, but still the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RNM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remote was working fine. Roku model 4670X ID TC2 R1016. Software version 10.0.0 build 4209 (updated July 5 2021)

Older Samsung Smart TV  UN55D6000SFXZC

Has been working fine after update. Until today Aug 20. Tried remote set up and restarting Roku several times  with no success. All other functions seem fine. When I depress the volume or mute button the indicator light on the Roku unit flickers - but sound is not affected - having to use TV remote for volume control .... Rob

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This has been going on for too long now ( for me since May)

it continues to spread and there is no fix 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still have the problem of no volume control after trying recommended fixes

model 4670X - Roku Ultra

serial number YJ00FK669975

software version 10.0.0 - build 4209-46

device I’d KW99AF669975

0 Kudos
Jglas

Jump to solution

Remote will control volume through receiver, but will no longer power TV on or off. This started a few weeks ago. It used to not control receiver volume but suddenly did and TV power worked. It was great. Then suddenly TV power stopped working through remote. Have repaired many times, replaced batteries, tried remote from other roku device.  System is up to date 

-Roku device model
4670x-Roku Ultra

-serial number
YJOOOS150430

-device ID
KW9990150430

-software OS/version
10.0.0 * build 4209-46

-TV brand and model number
Samsung LN-S40510

AVR

Onkyo

franciemu3

Jump to solution

Ive been away for the most of the summer.  Roku was working fine until yesterday. I have the same audio issues except the screen displays the headphone icon. and the volume goes up and down visually but no audio. Im not using any headphones so don't know why the icon is on the screen.  

I cant believe people have been waiting since May for a fix. I have been spending hours trying to figure out what went wrong. I cannot believe there isn't anyone to speak to directly.

I guess I need to cancel Roku. So very disappointing.

0 Kudos
boosbrde

Jump to solution

Remote Model - Don’t know, it only shows setting up a new remote

Software OS/version - 10.0.0 *build4209-57

Did Remote control tv – Yes, it came with the TV

Make Model of TV – Hitachi Roku TV

The power button works, but the volume doesn't and the fast forward, play, and rewind buttons don't work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@boosbrde

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing is much different than everyone else as your remote is of a Roku TV (users in this thread are experiencing issues with their Roku device remotes).

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hitachi here: https://hitachidmd.force.com/hitachiserviceusa/s/ or at 1-800-448-2244.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos