Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution
  • Your Roku device model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable) - Sharp
  • Issue ID: 06-234-552

I attempted to update my system but there is no update available. This is really frustrating.

K1960

Power button wont turn on tv

Jump to solution

The power button on my remote wont turn my tv on .I can't get an android app cause they can't find my device without the Roku IP and I can't get the IP cause I can't turn on tv cause remote power button Wont work !

0 Kudos
SXiong1

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Updated system and paired volume to tv; roku volume on remote still not working. 
Model 4662RW- Roku Ultra LT

serial # YJ00HL403542

Device ID: 0469DH403542

software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-46

0 Kudos
Jayteem

Jump to solution

Roku Model # 4660RW -Roku Ultra

S/N YJ0091772895

Device ID CS3869772895

Software OS/Version 10.0.0 build 4195-46

Remote Model RC136

TV Brand & Model# Vizio M470SL

Last Roku software update May 12. 2021

Remote will not  control either power on/off  or volume of TV. Please help!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. My volume and power buttons were working perfectly earlier and now nothing. I can navigate through all the apps, I just can't adjust the volume or turn the tv off. I tried the system update, re-pairing the remote, turning my tv off and back on, restarting the roku, all of it and nothing is working! I've only had this thing a few months! My software version is 10.0.0 build 4195-50

Device ID 213115609624

The make of my tv is element and the model number is ELSW3917BF

When I tried re-setting up my remote it said "It seems like this element tv will not work with this roku remote". How? It has been since day 1. Please help!

0 Kudos
bawonline

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4800X

Device ID: S02A20923LKU

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4205-C2

TV: VIZIO E43-F1

TV controls have a mind of their own. I have to hit the power button 2-3 times before it turns off or on. Hitting the volume up button sometimes causes the volume to go up and other times mutes the TV. Hitting volume down usually causes volume to go up. Mute button sometimes causes volume to go down and other times makes TV go mute.

0 Kudos
Onyxius
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

For some reason my Roku remote stopped being able to turn the tv on, but it will turn the tv off.  The volume buttons when used would activate the tv settings and not actually change the volume which was annoying when accidently clicked because you would have to find the tv remote and hit the back button and that isn't even working anymore.

I tried going into the Roku options and go through the pairing options to re-pair with my tv but it only tries 1 code and says sorry but your tv is not compatible even though this tv that it was working on recently is only 2 years old yet it will sync with another tv I have thats 10 years old, also a sharp tv.  I don't know if it was specifically the last update that did that or not but I keep Roku and my tv up to date, info below. 

Thank You

-Roku device model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
-serial number: YHOODN1417452
-device ID:  C1392D147452
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 * BUILD 4195-50
-remote model: RC339  (Firmware 2.01.19.108)
-TV brand and model number: Sharp 55A6130UW

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ok i am having issues with my tv but here is the problem the resolve is to go thru settings which is on the tv  - my tv is off i can't find a manual turn on button and if my remote is not working i cant update ? thoughts please before i loose my mind

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

it did not lose volume and tv control until today but it happened while the power is off how am i supposed to get to settings if i can't turn on the tv 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku remote going haywire.  Sku 3226000326 model:Rc-ALIR

0 Kudos