Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColdFire
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

After the latest update our remote stopped working ….it first said updating remote firmware..after that the remote doesn’t work….it stays in pairing mode (green light flashes non stop) ..please help …we have the voice remote with the a and b buttons at the bottom of the remote.

0 Kudos
bobzinger
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

3810X - Streaming Stick+
10.5.0 - build 4201-50

Sony KD-55X720E, Software v4.904-2.700-0005

issue ID: 66-467-474

Jump to solution

Us too. The latest 10.5 update broke all of our Roku TVs. Two at home, two I’m the RV.

The 2 at home:

10.5 build 4201-50

streaming stick 3801rw and a Panasonic tc-p50x1 TV 

and

Streaming stick 3800 and a LN32a300j1dxza

I even tried switching them and neither work.

Looks like I’ll be buying some Amazon Fire Sticks for Black Friday if this doesn’t get resolved pretty quickly.

Please undo the version 10 updates.

Jump to solution

I just purchased an Express 4k+ from a buddy and no matter what tv brand I search when trying to set up my remote it says this entry is not supported. I have tried at least 25 different tv brands. And after the VERY First letter that message comes up and never goes away

gmtheater

Jump to solution

Apparently this is a recurring issue as it started happening to my remote yesterday. I have tried resetting the Roku, repairing the remote, resetting the TV pairing, etc. Is there a current solution?

software version 10.5.0 build 4201-50

issue Id 48-470-255

MetroRich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lost control of the AV volume today ,  it's been working fine for years.   Tried every fix I could find online and still no good 

cukid9

Jump to solution

I have one that I haven’t been able to find a solution to after searching. After the latest update, whenever I change the volume with either my TV remote or the Roku remote, my Roku turns off by itself (it now also turns on my outside string lights…). It won’t come back on without unplugging and replugging in the power cord. 

TV is an LG 55LJ5500-A

Roku is 4800X-Roku Ultra, software 10.5.0 build 4201-C2

It would be really nice if someone out there on the tech support team would address all these issues. 

0 Kudos
BlkQueen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tv has no volume At all no sound output

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This happened to me and many others when they updated software to 10.0 and now that they updated to 10.5 it’s still the same with zero fix

0 Kudos
PinkyToe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lost both volume and power features over a week ago.  Like others, I've gone through a bunch of new batteries, plugged/unplugged a million times, and attempted the multitude of resets available in Settings (i.e. pairing, set up a new device, software check) including a complete factory reset (twice). 

Nothing has worked.  Please see info below:

-what remote model:  RC411
-software OS/version:  10.5.0 (build 4208-46)
-did your remote control the TV before?  YES
-make and model of TV?  Samsung UN50EH6000F
-are you connected to an AVR?  NO

I really love my Roku and would hate to switch elsewhere