Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piscomatt

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Just bought a new Roku Streaming stick. I can't pair the remote to my Sharp TV to control volume and power.

Model: 3820X - Streaming Stick 4k

Serial number: X01700E4JHNE (S08Y4184JHNE)

Software version: 10.5.1 build 4049-CU

Timestamp: 2021-11-01T23:11:19Z

Issue ID: NE-439-151

0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

After months with this problem, I finally got the 10.5 update, remotes now work!  It took far too long, but they at least fixed it.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My Roku is stuck on 10.0, last updated in June. When does 10.5 get pushed out to the rest of us??

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ngoldstein

Thanks for the post.

The Roku OS update is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players in the coming weeks. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

When I push and hold microphone button on remote it didn't work to give voice order 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’ve been using Roku device for 3 years+ 

5 TVs in 2 locations and since May of 2021 I’ve had 1 unit that’s done the same thing 

my newest of TVs (a Vizio) which is 3 years old is no longer recognized 

the sad thing is Roku’s lack of customer service and no term silence on this matter.

now I’ve seen they’re planning another update and I have a sinking feeling that something else will go wrong.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is a problem that continues to spread since the beginning of the year.

To date there’s no fix and my fear is that, with the announcement of another update there will be potential collapse 

0 Kudos
jvillagomez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I lost TV power an volume functions. I have an isignia TV. I thought it was the remote itself but after research found it was most likely the latest sofeware update, Can you hurry and fix.  

0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update 10.5 fixed the remote problems for me!

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Some of us are still waiting for 10.5 (sound of foot tap tap tapping)…

0 Kudos