Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dano601
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I don’t think the remotes/Roku is scanning for the tv manufacturer or this has been disabled because all of the tv manufacturer you enter show up as not found

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I don’t have a choice of manufactures -  I can’t get that far. When option to enter brand with the first letter entered I get message -this tv is not recognized/ no longer supported. All worked well til May 2021 on the day software was updated to 10.0 (no volume control)

I tried installing a new Roku stick same result and I did try setting up the new stick on another tv same result! But I took my stick that was activated from another set and it worked 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

phyle11

i understand your frustration 

as I’ve said previously, as my Roku device fail I too will find other means to stream 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Customers have reported that they were able to find their TV manufacturer when setting up their Roku remote to control their TV power and volume by first connecting their Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile device, then searching for their TV brand. Once they were able to pair their remote successfully, they then switched back to their Home wireless network.

We would recommend trying those troubleshooting steps to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Danny, this did not work for me.  I successfully connected to my personal hotspot using my mobile phone and to an Xfinity hotspot.  Neither worked.  The music keeps playing no matter what.

Nancy

Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here, this did not work.

Roku admits there was an issue caused with the firmware update.  Why is it taking so long to implement a fix?  Plenty of users are threatening to leave the platform with good reason.  Unless this is fixed soon I will also replace with a non-Roku streamer.  Something simple like this should not take so long to fix!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Hotspot or alternate Internet remedy are for those whose Roku's won't even show ANY tv brands, so you never get to hear the music playing because it never gets that far. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dano601
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Edmond hate to be a negative Nelly but you’re wrong when I try to do this I do hear music and it’s the next step where I have to enter the brand and nothing shows up. So I did the alternate hotspot through my phone connected it and now the volume controls work but now all four of my HDMI say HD CP error that wasn’t that way before. Roku is done I’m tired

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny

i can’t get that far 

when attempting to add tv brand with the first letter I get a response my tv is not recognized / or no longer supported.

this tv is a Vizio 

move tried activating  a new stick on the set with the same results

i tried activating the new stick on another of my tv - same results tv not recognized

0 Kudos
biglou602
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried several times to do the setup again and still won't work.

It happened once but did a reset and it seemed to work perfectly after that but then it just stopped working again. When going to the setting to get the remote to control the volume, the codes never work "stop playing the music" - It worked last time on Code 2, so I selected that it did stop to see if it would work but the same result. I just don't want to do another factory reset.

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Remote Model: RC135

Software Version: 10.5.0 * build 4208-46

Remote Controlled the TV prior, issues only started this year

TV: Vizio E600i-B3

NOT connected to an AVR

Issue ID: 59-128-724

0 Kudos