Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Well I was the fool after more than 6 months I did buy a new streaming stick directly from Roku

guess what! SOS

it will not recognize my TV which was fine til the updated to 10.0 then to 10.5 no change

now I’m trying to return said product with zero response from the so called customer support (ha ha)

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

SOS since May 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

now going on 9 months

“Temporary” 🤔

0 Kudos
vinnyvej

Jump to solution

Still not working.    When I try to Set Up Remote for TV it says “The current remote does not support TV control”.   It worked before and it clearly has a volume control on the side,

Model 4630X - Roku Premiere+
Remote RC116

Software 10.5.0 Build 4208-29

TV:  Sony KDL-70W850B/Software Version:PKG3.004AAA

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well Roku responded 

I have approval to return, the new device ( streaming stick 4k) that would not function as designed.

going forward, I believe that if our TVs are a few years old or possibly a brand they don’t like their streaming devices will present problems

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think they want us to buy Roku TVs, not streaming sticks!  The remote for the Roku TV I received as a gift works just fine.

Gumbercules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been going back and forth with support (to no avail) , their last suggestion was "connect the Roku Stick to another TV and see if you are able to control volume and power with the streaming stick (remote). Well, I don't have another TV to try it, but I informed them I can probably try it at a friend or family member's . There response was (I'm paraphrasing here) "let us know, but as we can't hold this ticket open, we're marking it as SOLVED".......Yeah, right. Also, I noticed one thing just recently (after the last contact with support) : if my system is off and I push the "home" button on the Roku remote, the system DOES power up... So obviously it is capable of transmitting the right signal, I'm guessing the database of what codes work with what TV has been re-written with incorrect info, so maybe there 's hope of a resolution at some point....

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did a new streamtstick on 2 Vizio set

same results

remote wouldn’t control volume or on/off

0 Kudos
jcnickell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wanted to follow up here for full disclosure. We've continued to use the Roku remote and for the most part it's been successful.  We have infrequent times that a command doesn't seem to work, but it hasn't required re-pairing and I've not had anyone from support reach out as a result of this thread.  We've not done anything different to our setup either.

Just wanted to follow up on my earlier reply at the beginning of the month

BoyMom1602
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I try to do this it asks me to enter my tv brand but when I do it says "This entry is not recognized as a supported brand" but it says that no matter what brand I try. I tried every tv brand and they all says this??