Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I’d agree with the premise that it’s a “sales thing”, except I bought the new remote (Roku brand, rechargeable) and it didn’t work with my Sony TV, either. My old remote worked just fine until one day in October. 

jcnickell
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  or @RokuAustin I found this thread after having just recently purchased my first Roku device. I am curious to know if this thread is still being followed since it's marked "Solved". It doesn't seem to be resolved.

From day 1 the ability of the Voice remote to control the TV has been 'unstable'.  

Using the setup for TV control the first option works and seems to control audio and TV power, however it will stop working randomnly (in as short as handing the remote back to my wife).  Going through the setup again, will seem to pick a different code (I think #5) and that only seems to control audio. How long it will last is an unkown before it needs to be re-setup again.  

I purchased the Roku to get access to a streaming service my smart TV did not natively support, and the Ultra, specifically for the private listening feature (which the one time I used it, broke the TV controls as well).  Periodically we've also seen instances within the streaming apps where the Roku remote is unable to navigate within the app, though Home or Back continues to work.  

So far I'm not terribly impressed with the device's functionality. Meanwhile I have a Logitech Harmony 650 that has never had this kind of issue controlling the TV or it's apps and I'm seriously considering using it over the Roku's remote if I can't get the Roku remote to work.

Remote Model: RC651
Software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-C2 (4800X)
TV: Vizio E43-C2
Did it work before:  Just purchased in Dec 2021 so I don't have a 'before' state. It does work and then it stops randomly (sometimes 5 min, sometimes the next day)
RE: AVR, may not know what you mean, but I don't believe so. My setup is pretty simple.
Power strip, TV connected to Sonos Sound bar on HDMI(ARC), DVD player on HDMI2, Roku player on HDMI3

Tags (2)
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My Vizio (my newest TV , 2 of 5 in two locations)

is no longer recognized/not supported 

everything worked until mid-May with the10.0 software update 
there’s been nothing, zero from Roku

0 Kudos
PinkyToe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here's the latest response to my back 'n forth with tech support after opening a ticket:

"We wanted to let you know that the reported issue is a temporary issue with the Roku device. All the Roku devices will receive periodical updates which will resolve this issue. In this case, we suggest you try again at a later time where you will be able to set up the Roku remote for TV power/volume control without experiencing this issue. We thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime. "

Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Total and utter BS from Roku support, but thank you for trying. 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’m still waiting!!

jcnickell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@PinkyToe I'm curious when you received that notification from Roku? I'm new to the platform and not sure how 'responsive' they are.

0 Kudos
PinkyToe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

12/29:  Ticket submitted

12/30:  First response from support team ("Disconnect the Roku device from the TV and from the power...")

I chose the below drop down as subject matter:
Questions about setup or using my Roku 

Castiel

Jump to solution

My remote Model is RC608
The Software Version is 10.5.0 Build 4208-CR
I have an Insignia model NS-32D311NA17
My remote was able to control the power and volume but stopped after a few days
I am not connected to an AVR

elguezio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The volume stopped working for me last week. I was using HDMI-CEC to control my Pioneer receiver via HDMI. It worked perfectly for years until last week. I have tried everything you recommended as well as re-pairing the remote and changing the batteries.

Device ID: CK3810112756

Remote: RC135

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-832